Tuesday, August 22

Can you be half-asleep AND multi-task?




This week we celebrated Adrian's birthday with a picnic in the park (where he now works) and, unfortunately, Subway. I had grand plans to pack a nice lunch, maybe make something sort of special. No. Not happening. Not anymore. I'm learning (very slowly, I might add) that the time it used to take to do five things is now only enough for two. Guess I'll have to refine the art of multi-tasking.



Sam is continuing to do well and seems to be growing right before our eyes. (I just read that babies do most of their actual growing while they're asleep. How do they KNOW that stuff?) Adrian and I are working out our schedules - first night shift vs. second night shift - and Sam is occasionally surprising us by only getting up once during the night. So, in essence, our planning goes out the window and we both stumble down the hall half-asleep.


We are sharing "feeding" duties and keeping a journal of what he eats and at what time..hoping that will give us some sort of insight into establishing a schedule. Looks like 5 oz. for Sam and a full 12 oz. for Adrian.

No comments: